Changing Place Facility
The Manx Museum has the Isle of Man’s first publicly accessible Changing Place toilet, which offers safe and clean toilet facilities for people with multiple and complex disabilities.
The new facility provides:
- A sizeable changing room for disabled people and carers
- Height adjustable changing bench
- Overhead powered track hoist (please note all users are required to bring their own sling)
- Adjustable washbasin
- Centrally placed toilet with room either side to manoeuvre
- Separate quiet space available
Designed with the input of the Changing Places Consortium, disabled people, and their carers, the facility helps people with complex needs stay out longer in the Isle of Man’s capital, visit the Manx Museum, and enjoy the surrounding area.
The Manx Museum is free to visit.
People are welcome to visit the Manx Museum purely to use the Changing Place Facility.