The museum is accessible by taking the lift to level 8 of Chester Street Car Park and walking across the adjacent footbridge. Access is also available via Crellin’s Hill, although this is a steep Walk and via the Garden Entrance at the bottom of Crellin’s Hill. Disabled parking spaces are also available immediately outside the museum entrance, with level access into the museum.
Changing Place Facility:
The Museum features the Isle of Man’s first publically accessible Changing Place toilet, offering safe and clean toilet facilities for people with multiple and complex disabilities.
The facility includes:
- a sizeable changing room for disabled people and carers
- height adjustable changing bench
- overhead power tracked hoist (please note all users are required to bring their own sling)
- adjustable washbasin
- centrally placed toilet with room either side for carers
- separate quiet space available
Designed with the input of the Changing Places Consortium, disabled people and their carers, the facility is available to help people with complex needs stay out longer in the Isle of Man’s capital, visit the Manx Museum and enjoy the surrounding area.
Kindly funded by the Manx Lottery Trust and Manx Museum and National Trust (Isle of Man registered charity no. 603).