Manx National Heritage is an inspiring place to work. We’re all united in our passion for the Isle of Man’s heritage and culture, and together it’s our job to share that with people around the world.
Curator – Art and Social History
Job Reference: MNH-012144
Closing Date: 25/04/2021
Salary: £31,885 to £37,123 per annum
Hours Per week: 37
Join our team as a Curator – Art and Social History at the Manx Museum on the Isle of Man!
Within this role you will provide professional stewardship of the Art and Social History collections, leading to a deeper understanding, appreciation and enjoyment of Manx culture and heritage, while putting our audiences at the heart of everything we do.
You will ensure that content and collections are accessible, diverse, relevant and resonant with audiences.
One of the joys of this role is that no two days are the same, you could be involved in project work, undertaking behind-the-scenes research on particular collections or visiting Manx National Heritage sites.
Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Delivering creative exhibitions that appeal to new and existing audiences
- Identifying research relevant to the Art and Social History collections
- Supporting colleagues to promote collections across a wide range of digital platforms
- Building strong relationships with internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Managing the Art and Social History collections including acquisition, care, display and interpretation
You will be part of a small curatorial team, where you will use your knowledge and experience of working with and managing Art and/or Social History Collections, as well as your willingness to collaborate and build coalitions and effective networks to succeed in this role.
If this role sounds like something you’d enjoy, we’d love to hear from you!