Our unique 4* self-catering cottage is perfect if you’re looking for holiday accommodation that’s extra special. Full of charm and character, you can look forward to a cosy stay in our traditionally thatched Manx cottage.
Situated in the North of the Isle of Man on the beachside at The Lhen, Yn Thie Thooit is the perfect location for nature lovers to enjoy the adjacent shoreline.
The sweeping marram grass and peaceful surroundings of Cronk-y-Bing Nature Reserve are only a short walk away. Magical moments are made in sight and sound at this beautiful coastal area.
Hear the curlews call and watch out for breeding birds including oyster catchers, ringed plover, little terns and meadow pipits. Off the coast seals, basking sharks and diving gannets may also be seen.
Yn Thie Thooit – the perfect location for nature lovers, a romantic break or peaceful retreat.
- Quaint, single-storey thatched cottage
- Characterful historic building, with narrow doors and low ceilings
- Double bedroom (sleeps 2 people)
- Sitting room with log-effect stove, reclining sofa and tv
- Kitchenette with fitted hob, oven, microwave, kettle and toaster
- Small dining area
- Linen and welcome pack featuring local produce
- Utility room with drying area
- Shower room & wc
- Large private garden and summerhouse perfect for stargazing
- Single garage suitable for storage of a small vehicle or bicycles
- Free WiFi
- 100m from The Lhen beach
- Walkers, Cyclists and Stargazers welcome
- Close to Andreas Village (1.7m), which has a good local convenience store, Post Office and good quality pub & restaurant
- Available for long weekend breaks of 3 nights or more in winter and spring and weekly rental in summer and autumn.
- Registered assistance dogs welcome (we regret, we are unable to accept other bookings with dogs).
- Bookings cost £595 per week or £100 per night (minimum stay 3 nights)
- Access Statement for Yn Thie Thooit
- Driving to Yn Thie Thooit
Registered assistance dogs only
Ownership and Support
Yn Thie Thooit is owned and operated by the Manx Museum and National Trust, Isle of Man registered charity number 603. It is exclusively available as a peaceful retreat for holidays, staycations and long weekend breaks. Your stay helps preserve and protect the heritage and landscape of our beautiful Island.