Manx National Heritage look after some of the Isle of Man’s most special places, spaces and collections, including historic buildings, landscapes, archives and the Island’s national museum collections, including art, social history, archaeology, natural history, making these available to a worldwide audience. Our professional team also advise on developments and changes in our historic environment and natural landscape, helping ensure the Isle of Man remains a special place for people, heritage and nature for generations to come.
To lead the Island’s community in recognising, understanding, valuing and promoting its cultural heritage and identity to a world-wide audience.
- Act as guardian of the Island’s unique heritage and cultural assets
- Strengthen the Manx identity and community by giving opportunities for enjoyment, learning and development
- Contribute to the national economy and infrastructure by making the Isle of Man a better place in which to live, work and visit.
- Research and communicate the significance of Manx heritage and culture
- Manage ourselves effectively, efficiently and accountably
- A sense of time, place and identity for Manx people
- Safe and welcoming physical environments at our sites
- Creative engagement and inspirational experiences
- Learning and personal development opportunities
- Positive economic impact and a creative economy
- Accessible and safeguarded resources for the understanding of Mann